Thirteenth Sunday after Trinity, August 30th, 2026
For years now I have made a point to listen to the radio each morning as I get ready to start my day. And I do this for multiple reasons, quite frankly. I want to hear what's going on in the news. I want to hear the baseball scores. Additionally, I want to hear what the weather is going to be. And I also want to hear the traffic report so I will know if I need to avoid any accidents or back-ups. I have basically done this most of my adult life, it would seem. Anyhow, here locally, this week it was reported that the man who does the traffic reports which I listened to for years died suddenly last weekend. It's funny how something like this can affect you when you hear the news of a person passing away. The man who did the traffic reports was Matt Bair and he gave the reports for years on the station that I listen to on a daily basis. I had never met him in person. He did not know me. I had never communicated with him in any way, form or fashion. And yet this man whom I had never met was a part of my life (albeit through the radio) for many years. We never know how we affect others, do we? We may think that we are simply "insignificant cogs in the wheel" but we matter and what we do in life matters. Our actions and what we do affects not only us but those around us either directly or indirectly. I had never met Matt Bair in person, but I looked forward to hearing him on the radio each day. Each one of us has the potential of either being a positive or negative influence in another person's life. We affect others by the actions which we take or do not take, as the case may be. Certainly, as Christians we are called to be a positive influence on others. We are called to be God's ambassadors in the world. We are called to be His instrument in the world in which we live. Be the person God wants you to be. Live for others as you live for Him.
Please join us as we gather together at the beautiful Chapel at Marquette Manor, located at 8140 N. Township Line Road on the Northwest side of Indianapolis. Mass begins at 10:30 am. Please join us this day and hear the Word of God and give praise and honor to Our Risen Saviour!
No comments:
Post a Comment