Saturday, October 15, 2016

Come Join Us On Sunday, October 16th, 2016

Twenty-First Sunday after Trinity, Sunday, October 16th, 2016

From the Sixth Chapter of St. Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians, we hear:  "MY brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might."  (Ephesians 6:10)  Have you ever been strong for someone else?  Or, for that matter, has anyone ever been strong for you?   Each one of us face struggles and hardships and difficulties throughout our life.  Now, it may not be every single day but sometimes we just get overwhelmed with the "hard-balls" that life throws at us.  It is at those times that it is indeed easy to feel overwhelmed.   Maybe we are facing severe financial difficulties where we do not know where we can get the money to cover the bills . . . the mortgage . .  the rent.  Maybe it might be the loss of a job and nobody is calling you for an interview.  Maybe it might be a time where you are facing health difficulties like you have never faced before.   Whatever example you can come up with, it is probably easy to come up with a few different times where you felt overwhelmed, stressed out, and totally dejected.  If you are anything like me, at those times when it seemed like I hit rock-bottom, there was someone there who gave me the strength to carry on, to move forward.  There have been many people like that in my life:  my parents; dear friends; priests and / or clergy; teachers; etc.  These people have given me strength through motivating me, encouraging me, giving me advice, counseling me.  They were there to urge me on when I did not want to go on . . .  they were there for me when I had given up the battle  . . .  they were there when I had given up on myself.  I am sure that you can think of someone in your life that has filled that role for you.  They give you strength that you never knew that you had.  This is how it is with God.  God gives us strength when we need it the most.  He does this by encouraging us and motivating us to move forward.  He also does this by example.  Our Blessed Lord faced everything that we face:  He faced hardship . . .  He faced trials . . .  He faced persecution .  .. . He faced hatred, ridicule, envy, jealousy.  You name it, Our Blessed Lord faced it.  And yet He kept moving forward while keeping His eye on doing the will of His Heavenly Father.  We are called to do the very same thing.  And we need to be strong, as St. Paul writes, "strong in the Lord."  Our Lord promised to never leave us.  He is always there for us, no matter the circumstances.  

Please join us for Mass.  Take time out of your busy schedules to worship God.  Listen to the Word of God through the King James Version of the Bible and the 1928 Book of Common Prayer.  And receive the Precious Body and Blood of Our Blessed Saviour at Communion time.

Two opportunities for Mass on Sunday, October 16th.  

Mass begins at 9:30 AM at St. Margaret Church in Indianapolis.  We celebrate Mass at the beautiful Chapel at Marquette Manor, located at 8140 N. Township Line Road on the Northwest side of Indianapolis.

Mass is also offered at 1:00 PM at Holy Spirit Church in Greenfield, Indiana.  We celebrate Mass at the beautiful, historic First Presbyterian Church, located at 116 W. South Street near downtown Greenfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment