Saturday, August 6, 2022

Eighth Sunday after Trinity, Sunday, August 7th, 2022

 Eighth Sunday after Trinity, August 7th, 2022


I can only speak for myself but when I set my mind on something, I focus on what I have set my mind on.  There are clues we give which tell the world what is important to us.  For example, if I am hungry for fried chicken I typically go and get some for my supper.  If I am hungry for Chinese food, same story.  I go and get some.  If I focus on working on a project at home, I work on that project until I'm done.  I work on ways to finish the project until it is complete.     These are simple examples but they convey the idea that human beings typically focus on things that they have set their mind on.  St. Paul writes in the Eighth Chapter of his Epistle too the Romans:  "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" (Romans 8)  As Christians, we need to concentrate or focus on doing what God wants us to do.  In other words, sons and daughters of God make a point to follow the will of God in their life.  Typically there are clues to let us know what is important to a person.  If I am invited to a person's home and I soon see that the home is decorated with items of a particular sports team:  posters, banners, pictures, etc.  If I see all these things scattered throughout the entire house I will guess that this person loves that particular sports franchise.  That is a simple enough example but how will people know that, as St. Paul puts it, that we are the "sons of God?"  What are the ways in which we will show the world that we are the "sons of God?"  We can go around telling people about God with our words, that is true.  But there is more than one way to speak about God.  We can speak about God with our words.  We can speak about God with our actions.  We can speak about God with our attitude.  We can speak about God by the way in which we treat others around us.   Speak to God in your own words on a daily basis.  Go to Him on a daily basis.  Get in the habit of reading the Good Book on a daily basis.  If you don't already do so, go to church so that you can have fellowship with fellow believers.  

St. Margaret Church worships every Sunday morning at 10:30 AM at the Chapel at Marquette Manor, which is located at 8140 N. Township Line Road on the Northwest side of Indianapolis.

NOTE:  Keep in mind that we must enter in the main entrance of the lobby and sign in before we go to the chapel.  

Please Join us as we gather together as God's family to:  hear the Word of God; listen as God speaks to each one of us in our hearts; worship God in song and in word; listen to the King James Bible and the 1928 Book of Common Prayer; and, finally, receive Our Blessed Lord in Holy Communion so that we can be nourished for the journey we call life.  Take one hour out of your busy schedule to worship God, to honour God, to acknowledge the need for God in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment