Saturday, November 4, 2023

Twenty-Second Sunday after Trinity, November 5th, 2023

 Twenty-Second Sunday after Trinity, November 5th, 2023


"I THANK my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy," (Philippians 1:3)

I do my best to always show my gratefulness.  I do this when someone takes the time to hold the door open for me.  I do this when a waiter or waitress brings me the food I ordered.  I do this when someone hands me something that I need.  In these situations, and so many more I am in the habit of saying "Thank you."  Yes, without a doubt, this is indeed a habit.  It is a habit that has been with me an entire lifetime.  And I owe the development of this "good habit" to my dear parents who so long ago cultivated this important habit and showed me the importance of being grateful and showing thanks.   It is important to show thanks.  It is important to show our gratefulness and our thanksgiving to those around us.  

I would dare say that the importance of saying "Thank you" and being grateful extends to God as well, wouldn't you agree?  And yet how often do we take the time to thank Our Heavenly Father?  How many times do we make a point to thank Him for all the blessings He has bestowed on us?  Or do we only go to God when we need something?  We're good when it comes to running to God when we need Him.  We're good at going to God when we are in trouble and need His help but how often do we make a point to simply thank Him, to show our gratefulness for all He has done for us?   Being grateful is a mindset and showing gratefulness is a habit.  When we come to God, we need to have the mindset of being grateful for all the blessings He has bestowed upon us.  And showing our gratefulness to God is a habit we need to develop.  So many people only seem to call upon God when they need something and they don't speak to Him again until the next time they need something.  We need to thank God each and every day of our lives for all the blessings He bestows upon us.  Thank God daily.  Thank Him for your life.  Thank Him for the blessings in your life.  Bless Him for the salvation He freely offers.  Thank Him for all you possess.

St. Margaret Church worships every Sunday morning at 10:30 AM at the Chapel at Marquette Manor, which is located at 8140 N. Township Line Road on the Northwest side of Indianapolis.

NOTE:  Keep in mind that we must enter in the main entrance of the lobby and sign in before we go to the chapel.  

Please Join us as we gather together as God's family to:  hear the Word of God; listen as God speaks to each one of us in our hearts; worship God in song and in word; listen to the King James Bible and the 1928 Book of Common Prayer; and, finally, receive Our Blessed Lord in Holy Communion so that we can be nourished for the journey we call life.  Take one hour out of your busy schedule to worship God, to honour God, to acknowledge the need for God in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment